Roast Garlic and Squash Soup
- 2 whole garlic bulbs (outer skin removed)
- 5 Tablespoons olive oil
- A few fresh thyme sprigs
- 1 large butternut squash (halved and seeded)\
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1tsp ground coriander
- 1-2liters of organic vegetable or chicken stock
- 2tsp fresh oregano or marjoram (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 220C/425F/Gas 7. Place the garlic bulbs on a piece of foil and pour over ½ the olive oil. Add the thyme and fold foil around the garlic to enclose completely.
- Place the foil on a baking tray with the butternut squash (brush the squash with 1tsp of the remaining olive oil).
- Roast the squash and garlic for 25 minutes, reduce the temperature to 190C/375F/Gas 5 and cook or a further 20- 25 mins (or until the squash is tender).
- Heat the remaining oil in a large saucepan and cook onions and ground coriander gently for about 10 mins.
- Squeeze the roast garlic out of its skin into the onions, then scoop the squash out of its skin and add to the onions & garlic mix.
- Add the vegetable or chicken stock with ½ tsp of Celtic sea salt and plenty of black pepper. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 mins.
- Stir in ½ the oregano or marjoram and allow the soup to cool slightly, and then process it (in batches if necessary). Re-heat the soup if necessary to serve and sprinkle over the remaining herbs.
in association with Rosie Millen, a fully qualified Nutritional Therapist specialising in helping individuals of all ages across the country regain their energy just by making changes to their diet and lifestyle.