• 3 Tablespoons olive oil
• 1 large onion finely chopped
• 2 garlic cloves, crushed
• 1-tablespoon tomato puree
• ½ tsp ground turmeric
• ½ tsp cayenne pepper
• 1 tsp ground coriander
• 1 tsp ground cumin
• 1.5 cups cauliflower florets
• 225g baby carrots, trimmed
• 1 red pepper seeded and diced
• 225g courgettes sliced
• 1 tin chickpeas
• 4 beefsteak tomatoes, skinned and sliced
• Celtic sea salt and black pepper
• Fresh coriander
• 2 2/3 cups quinoa
1. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large pan, add the
onion and garlic, cook until translucent. Stir in the
tomato puree, turmeric, cayenne, coriander and
cumin, stirring for 2 mins.
2. Add the cauliflower, baby carrots and red pepper with
enough water to come halfway up the vegetables. Bring to the boil, lower the heat, cover
and simmer for 10mins. Add the courgettes, the drained
and rinsed chickpeas and tomatoes to the pan and cook
for a further 10mins. Stir in the fresh coriander and
season, keep hot.
3. To cook the quinoa, bring a pan full of water to the boil.
Add the Quinoa and stir. Allow to boil and cook for 10-12
mins or until the quinoa is soft. Serve on plates topped
with the curry mix and fresh coriander.
A recipe supplied by Miss Nutritionist