•450g minced turkey breast
• Olive oil on hand / organic butter
• ½ cup grated courgette
• ¼ cup chopped red onion
• 1 Tablespoon of fresh or dried tarragon
• 1cm thick round slices of butter nut
squash (1 per pattie)
• Organic cranberry sauce
• 1cm thick round slices of aubergine
• 2tsp Dijon mustard
• ½ tsp vegetable seasoning (Oxo cube)
• Celtic sea salt
• 3 grinds of black pepper
• 2 large free-range / organic eggs
1. Preheat oven to 180C. In a saucepan of boiling water, blanch the aubergine slices for up to 1
minute. Remove from water, lay on a baking tray
(greased with organic butter or baking paper. Brush both
sides with olive oil generously and season with
Celtic sea salt and pepper. Bake in the oven until soft and
brown around 10-15 minutes, turning half way.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine turkey mince with courgette,
onion, tarragon, mustard, seasoning (or salt) and eggs.
3.Shape into patties and grill in the oven (once
aubergine has been removed) until cooked.
4. Steam the squash slices until soft all the way through –
do not allow to go soggy, as they need to keep their form.
5. Stack from bottom up, squash, aubergine followed by
burger and cranberry sauce serve with a generous
serving of salad including lots of leaves.
A recipe supplied by Miss Nutritionist