Mobile has opened the doors to a new world of digital onboarding for health and fitness clubs, delivering a convenient user-experience which aligns with the ‘mobile-first’ preferences of today’s society.
When a new member joins via the clubs member app, they experience a seamless journey from sign-up straight into the heart of the clubs community, where they can instantly immerse themselves in everything the club has to offer, from booking classes, scheduling visits, earning reward points for activity and familiarising themselves with the clubs culture, providing a springboard for engagement and better retention. It’s also fast, secure and completely paperless.
ClubWise has developed In App Joining for the FitSense Member App. Let’s take a look at how it works:
- The Prospect simply downloads FitSense from the app store or Google Play and selects ‘Join Now’
- Prospects can enter a unique club code, which will automatically link the prospect to your club.
- After adding their details, your prospect can pay any upfront membership costs directly in the app using their credit or debit card, via the secure in app payment portal. Card details can then be saved in the app and used to make future purchases in the FitSense Store.
- Your prospects can sign the membership agreement using our digital signature technology or can simply check the box to confirm they agree to the terms and conditions of their new membership agreement.
- After joining through FitSense, your new member will automatically be registered and logged into their new FitSense account.
- Your member is now able to gain access to your club using the FitSense QR Code Check In feature, as well as book and attend classes.
So, what’s the difference? In App Joining vs Online Joining
Online Joining definitely still has its place, but the stats speak for themselves, Statista estimates that around 94% of adults in the UK own a mobile phone and 88% of these adults regularly use apps. These numbers highlight the need to provide your prospects/members with a mobile solution. Not only that, it does wonders for your brand/image, as it shows your club is technology driven and forward thinking.
End to end joining process
With online joining, the member is still required to come into the club and sign their membership agreement, making the process disjointed, whereas in app joining can utilise other technologies such as digital signature, so all stages of the joining process from initial prospect to signing of the membership agreement can be completed in one go, providing a seamless joining experience.
When a member joins via the club’s member app, they are instantly connected to the club community. After joining, they are logged into their account and can access all the tools that the member app provides, including setting up their profile and defining their goals, scheduling their first visit and viewing and booking classes and appointments. The member is also able to gain access to the club immediately via in app check in, removing the need to wait for their card or fob.
Whilst online joining and online guest features still have their place, it’s crucial to meet your prospects where they are, and that’s through their mobile device. By providing mobile joining solutions, you are making it easier and more accessible for prospects to sign up, helping to boost your member acquisition, as well as setting your club apart from the competition.